I am amazed with left-handed people. They write so well and they are very, very creative. So just imagine how thrilled I was when I got asked to write about left handed bass?
Here are some interesting facts about left-handed people:
- Between 10-12% of people on earth are “lefties.” Women are more likely to be right-handed than men by about 4 percentage points.i
- August 13th is “Left-Hander’s Day.” Launched in 1996, this yearly event celebrates left-handedness and raises awareness of the difficulties and frustrations left-handers experience every day in a world designed for right-handers.e
- At various times in history, left-handedness has been seen as many things: a nasty habit, a mark of the devil, a sign of neurosis, rebellion, criminality, and homosexuality. It has also been seen as a trait indicating creativity and musical abilities.b
- Some scholars note that left-handers may be one of the last unorganized minorities in society because they have no collective power and no real sense of common identity. Additionally, left-handers are often discriminated against by social, educational, and religious institutions. Social customs and even language set the left-hander apart as “different” and even “bad.”b
is from the Anglo-Saxon
, meaning weak or broken
- Many sources claim that left-handers may die as many as nine years earlier than right-handers.b
- The word left in English comes from the Anglo-Saxon word lyft, which means weak or broken. The Oxford English Dictionary defines left-handed as meaning crippled, defective, awkward, clumsy, inapt, characterized by underhanded dealings, ambiguous, doubtful, questionable, ill-omened, inauspicious, and illegitimate.b
- Phrases in English suggest a negative view of left-handedness. For example, a “left-handed complement” is actually an insult. A “left-handed marriage” is not a marriage but an adulterous sexual liaison, as in a “left-handed honeymoon with someone else’s husband.” A “left-handed wife” is actually a mistress.b
- Research has shown a link between trauma during gestation or during birth with an increased chance of being left-handed.b
- Tests conducted by St. Lawrence University in New York found that there were more left-handed people with IQs over 140 than right-handed people. Famous left-handed intellectuals include Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and Benjamin Franklin.b
- Mothers who are over 40 at the time of a child’s birth are 128% more likely to have a left-handed baby than a woman in her 20s.b
- In reference to a person’s sex life, a “left-hander” is a homosexual.c
- The German for “left-handed’ is linkisch, which means awkward, clumsy, and maladroit. In Italian, the word is mancino, which is derived from “crooked” or “maimed” (mancus) and is also used to mean deceitful or dishonest. In Russian, to be called a left-hander (levja) is a term of insult.c
Haven’t heard about apricotpower.com until I searched online for raw apricot kernels. When it comes to providing the highest quality of California grown raw apricot kernels, Apricot Power is the best choice. They have been continuously providing America, Canada and the rest of the world raw apricot kernels since 1999.
Aside from bitter raw apricot kernels, they have included additional products that works perfectly with apricot kernels and B17 products.
Nice one, right?
They ship worldwide for $299!
My husband has this habit of buying online for his mountain bike hobby, and I have no problem with that because what he is buying are mostly brand new, if not, pre-loved from fellow biking enthusiasts and so far he hasn’t encountered any problems.
But here comes the time where were are really in need of violin and we find the ones in malls outrageously priced! So the thought of buying musical instruments online can be really tempting, but is it worth it? Should we give it a go or just buy cort electric bass at guitar center in the States for our peace of mind?
Any advice will be highly appreciated.
I am in a new business, the Sutla / Flawless Whitening Products industry. I didn’t know that I’d be selling these soaps because normally, I am just a user. I had no intentions of selling but realized later on that that soaps had so much potential and followers hence the decision to sell them myself!
I just opened my page, Organics + in Facebook and now I am selling the famous FLAWLESS soaps and SUTLA whitening products.
All their products are very easy to sell because it’s very effective and trusted already for so many years. This business has been helping my savings already, in December I’d have enough for Scott Kay jewelry :)
If you are from Cavite, Pangasinan and Leyte and would want to resell Sutla / Flawless products, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me 0927 861 5008
It happens, rarely, but it does. Even the toughest dads catches cold or flu and when that occurs, dads suddenly turn into a manchild – a grown up version of our kids.
So how do we handle them?
My husband for one, wants some cuddling and he loves to be fed with soup. He suddenly becomes my youngest when he is not feeling well. It’s quite irritating but he relies on me to do even the littlest thing for him so I MUST comply. Hey, it’s not everyday that he feels ill I usually give him some TLC and a rub of Vicks Vaporub- a very reliable source of relief when it comes to days like this one.
Helpful Tips for Those Nasty Man Child Encounters
- Aside from stocking up on soft tissues, make sure that you have a bottle of moisturizer handy, for when your hubby’s nose turns dry and red from all the sneezing and tissue use.
- Trade in his usual morning coffee for tea with honey. All teas contain theophylline, a natural bronchodilator, and honey which work together in fighting infections while providing relief from throat irritation.
- Add extra fluff when tucking him in. Place an additional pillow under his head to relieve nasal congestion pressure.
- Stress affects the body’s immunity so keep your hubby relaxed and entertained with a collection of his favorite movies and series on DVD!
- Grab your no-fail recipe for chicken soup. Aside from being a staple comfort food, chicken soup has been known to relieve inflammation and nasal congestion.
- And when all else fails, have your mother-in-law on your speed dial, to get the support you need when he becomes too much to handle.
During these moments, remember that your husband acts this way because of discomfort. Who loves catching cold, cough and throbbing headache anyway? He relies on his wife to help him get on the road to recovery.
The best remedy fills three needs – physical comfort, mental tranquility and tender affection for your husband.
And in order to make him comfortable as possible, he needs a rub of Vicks Vaporub from time to time for fast relief from cold symptoms like headache.
The combination of Eucalyptus Oil, Camphor and Menthol in Vicks VapoRub will help your husband recuperate in comfort.
Vicks Vaporub indeed gives relief to your family in 5 minutes!
Join the conversation on http://facebook.com/VicksPhilippines to find other moms who have survived manchild ordeals and find ideas to take care of yours!
It’s just my way of saying that I have been away from the blogosphere for more than six months and I totally miss it! I’ve been active in FB and IG though
So yesterday I attended my first ever media event after months of living and working under the rock. It was fun though there were only 4 of us bloggers haha! There were just so many things to do and I’ve had too much on my plate the past months and the new traffic scheme going out of Cavite just made the entire events thing bloody harder!
I still blog from time to time for paid posts but recently I started ignoring them because I was either so busy with baking or there were tons of errands for the kids AND I realized that I could no longer write. How sad is that?
So what have I been doing while I was away? Hmmm to say that I was busy is a major understatement.
I enrolled in Breads and Pastry production and Cake Decorating classes in a vocational school. It ate much of my time but I ate too much during those times too haha which explains my 10-lb weight gain. Sheeeesh.
I gained new friends, ate tons of cakes, pizza and brownies, won an award in Cake Decorating and ate again LOL
I worked doubly hard on my cake decorating skills that I made this cutie patootie owl cake on my own. Yes I did this and I am so proud of myself :p
and this too!
And I joined the #bentoPH bandwagon too!
and when time permits it, I climb on our bed, hide under the covers and do the things I love the most: reading and sleeping!
The best part of all? I got to spend tons of time with my wonderful kids and played the role of a hands-on mom hahaha!
See? To live under a rock isn’t such a bad idea after all!
But you’ll hear more about me in the coming days, more events, more product reviews and other stuff that may bore you. And oh, I’ll work on my PR0 too.
My brother is getting married next year and I am helping him find inexpensive but beautiful wedding rings online. We initially planned to buy in Ongpin but also considering online options.
First, it’s practical and second, the choices at cheapwholesalejewelry.com are endless! It’s also a very reliable shop so I won’t have doubts about the quality. They’ve been in the business for so long and the feedback from former clients are also good.
However, we are still open for other options. If you know any reliable shop selling affordable jewelry, please comment below.
Thanks in advance!
My friends and I are opening up a cupcake shop in a few months so right now I am looking for cupcake shop ideas, you know the artsy-girly type of shop. Problem is, I am working with boys so it’s given that their preference is the minimal design type of shop.
photo source: http://stewartdollhousecreations.com/cupcakeshop7
I want pink and apple greens. They want black and white. Sheeeesh. I guess it’s better to leave everything to the interior designer right? As all of us has no idea on things like this, even set up clamps.
Seldom do we get weekends like this one.
Normally, you’d see us decorating cakes, attending birthday parties or rushing to deliveries. But this weekend was different, our schedule was clear and the family was complete. Very rare, so rare indeed. Maybe God gave me this weekend to spend with the people who truly matter, my family.
Saturday. July 13, 2013
- I thank the Lord for that smooth ride from Bacoor City to Dasmarinas. For letting us see a few good spaces for lease and for not letting us hurt anyone (vice versa!) during the ride.
- Overly thankful also for saving me from that killer lightning, for without that tiny plastic cap on top of my umbrella, I am not sure if I would still be writing about this wonderful weekend.
- A real RONALD MCDONALD was there in McDonald’s Evia and for that, I am super thankful. Rarely you’d see a Ronald McDonald like this! (because hmmm…you’d get the child one on birthdays grrr…)
- Thank you Lord for the super, duper heavy rain. We didn’t know if Sprinkles (our car) will survive, but she did! At the back of my mind, I was already planning on who’s gonna push her if she let’s us down — no other choice but Yves and I will do the pushing :p
- The kids were sooooo happy when I allowed them to ride the train in Festival Mall. I didn’t have much but seeing them happy was so worth it.
- The ride home was also smooth and yes, I slept so well that night
I can’t thank the Lord enough for giving us a very beautiful Saturday.
Sunday. July 14, 2013
- Woke up early so we could visit The Holy Sepulchre Shrine in Landayan, San Pedro, Laguna first. We were too late for the mass and the next one was scheduled at 4PM in the afternoon, that left us no choice but to pray and give thanks in silence. God will hear us anyway. Right, Lord?
- The weather was so cooperative, praise God! we decided then to drop by SM Sta. Rosa for lunch. I felt that this weekend was really special because I let them ride the carousel (I am a “no-rides” kind of mom, ehem!). That small amount of P120 made my kids so happy bwahahaha!
- We drove all the way from San Pedro to Calamba to visit Tatay Erik (my uncle). Aside from seeing my Tatay Erik, the fresh air, calm environment and the heaps of fresh santol made the visit all worthwhile.
As I lay down on my bed, I realized how precious this weekend was and that I should have more of this often, but with the opening of the bakehouse and my hectic schedule in the baking school, that I am not sure of hehe
For all it’s worth, life is indeed good.
Haha Sounds easy yet I know that it will cost me sweat and tears (not to mention arm and leg for the costs) to lose weight.
I’ve tried the following techniques: jogging, brisk walking, crash dieting, pills but I fail all.the.time. One friend told me that I should start boxing or at least work my butt off in the gym but I am just too lazy to do either of them. Deym. Another one suggested that I do yoga, the one exercise that scares me like hell but it’s worth trying right? I am not just sure if I can afford the uber expensive yoga equipment being sold online.
Wish me luck!