Last Sunday, we traveled all the way from Cavite to Subic, Zambales to go swimming and visit Ocean Adventure. It was Jade’s treat for Yona. One of the unique gifts for her, actually. She got Havaianas from Bea, too!
Moving on, here are some tips on how you can go to Ocean Adventure without the hassle of driving all the way from Manila:
1. Ride a bus to Olongapo via Victory or Saulog liner. Leave at 6:00am so you’ll reach Olongapo at 10am. Bus fare is below P200 if you are coming from Cubao. We came from Bacoor, Cavite so we paid P238.
2. Upon reaching Olongapo, ride a yellow jeep to SBMA gate. Fare is P7.00.
3. Go inside the gate and look for the Ocean Adventure shuttle. It leaves at exactly 10:35am (and it’s FREE!) so DO NOT BE LATE otherwise you need to take a cab for P350. Its a long ride from the SBMA gate to Ocean Adventure but you’ll love the scenery and expect to see monkeys along the way.
Tipid Travel Tip: Eat in the nearby fast food chains BEFORE riding the shuttle. The food inside the park is outrageously priced and you cannot bring in food.
4. You will be given a schedule sheet upon entry so just follow the schedule and enjoy! There are so many things to do in the park like watching dolphin and sea lion shows, photo and beach encounters and more.
5. The shuttle going back to SBMA gate leaves at 3:00PM so ensure that you are already outside before that time.
6. Ride the yellow jeep again to the Victory Liner terminal or if you are courageous enough, walk to the Saulog Liner terminal behind the first mall you see outside the SBMA gate.
Tipid Travel Tip: Have dinner at nearby fast food chains BEFORE riding the bus. It is safer and cheaper than eating in bus terminals.
Ticket Prices to Ocean Adventure are as follows:
P500 – Adults
P420 – Children
Toddlers below 30 inches and babies – FREE
Tipid Travel Tip: If you know someone from Olongapo, Subic and Bataan, have them purchase your tickets to get 50% off. Promo is until March 18, 2010 only!