I am not a successful businesswoman yet so my ideas are still open for new businesses (but it all depends on how much money I have to invest, LOL)
Right now my sister and I are planning to venture into printing business cards, photos, stickers, PVC IDs and invitation cards. We already have a printer installed with continuous ink system, the papers we use, a few clients and a facebook page 🙂 We are planning to sell it at a very low price. We already have the things we need and we no longer have to rent a space so I guess it is just right to pass our savings to our clients.
I am no business guru but I want to share some tips to fellow stay at home moms like me.
- Research. Before starting anything, RESEARCH. Make a feasibility study and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Anyway, Mr. Google is only a click away 🙂
- Know what the people around you needs. Like for example, on my case, my blogger friends and fellow sellers are always in need of business cards, my mommy friends are good market for invitation cards so I am positive that this business will prosper.
- Love what you do. In any business it IS important that you love what you’re doing to avoid burn out.
These are just basic tips. When it comes to costing, project plan preparations, do’s and don’ts in businesses, it is best to get knowledge from business gurus like gordon brent pierce.
Gordon Brent Pierce specializes in the following areas:
- Asset and investment assessment
- Business development planning
- Business staging
- Business implementation
- International Business strategies
- International business relations
- Corporate start ups
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investment portfolio management
- Financing via debt and equity markets
- Finance syndication
- Public relations, media, and promotion
Investing on companies that will help know what to do and what not to do especially on the paper works (which can be a little time and money consuming) is one good move if you want to start your business right.