Plush and Play is a social enterprise born in the GK Enchanted Farm 2 years ago. We are creating unique Filipino inspired stuffed toys, handcrafted and home-made by hard working resident mothers from Gawad Kalinga communities.
Plush and Play aims to restore the Filipino seamstresses’ livelihood and pride in their craftsmanship; and to inspire the next generation of young Filipinos.
With a first line of fruits and veggie themed toys, named after local icons, Plush and Play is delighting the young ones in the Philippines and in the world while providing mothers with an opportunity to attend to the needs of their kids at home.
Plush and Play Core Values (PLUSH Acronym):
- Protect our children
- Love our country
- Uplift the lives of the poor
- Share this wonderful gift to others
- Honor locally made products
Plush and Play Objectives:
- Employment: Provide sources of incomes for 1,000 families by 2024.
- Education: Continuously inspire and raise a new generation of young heroes and local social entrepreneurs.
- Equality: In 2024, no children in the Philippines will be deprived of their right to play growing up without toys.
- Standards: Continuously set new standards in the country’s toy industry for safety, social and environmental impacts.
- Impact to date: 22 families, 70,000 toys, over Php2 Million revenue for the community
Launch in Toy Kingdom this coming October! 1st Filipino Inspired and Made Plush to enter Toy Kingdom!
Hand-stitched with love, stuffed with dreams this is what Plush and Play offers.