Saving the whole earth from global warming and greenhouse effect can be very overwhelming. I know that we, as a family could not do it alone. We need companions, we need to spread the world and convince people to go green and do their own little thing for the earth!
The whole world’s buzzing over these issues for the past centuries but are we doing anything? No. Most establishments still uses plastics that would take thousands of years to degrade, factories still spill their excess garbage directly to our rivers, we still throw our trash anywhere – not thinking of the after effects. Plastic bags are everywhere, we use them all the time because we are left with no choice – these damn establishments use such bags for their merchandise. And these bags? they add to the tons of garbage we dispose everyday. What will happen to our earth in the next 50 years or so? Just imagine.
As a mom I worry about the kind of environment my daughter will have in her entire lifetime, so as early as now we already taught her the value of our mother earth and how it needs to be cared of. We already started by using organic products everyday and we encourage you to do so, too! We also enourage other moms to buy and use shopping bags from “Bag-a-berde“, the bags that save 😉
We were struck in a traffic jam in Talaba last Saturday when I thought of asking hubby of the Filipino translation of the word “bag”, he told me it was “insekto” hahaha I told him that I was not referring to “bug” but “bag”. He told me it was just simply bag. But it’s not. There has to be something more pinoy – more deeper translation, a more ethnic one.
Alam niyo ba?
Got this tag from Jane and it took me days to consider things that makes me weird. So instead of thinking of just 6 things, I made 10! hahahahaha and I know I forgot a lot pa:
- I am a spaghetti lover. Who isn’t? But what’s weird about me is I eat it with rice whenever I have the chance. And may it be Italian, Filipino, Spageting Kalye (the one that you can buy for less than 5 cents on the streets or any bus terminal) – they’re all spaghetti to me. I eat all of them with so much gusto.
- I only wash our clothes twice a month or once a month when we’re busy – not because I am lazy but because I want it to pile up so I have an excuse to use the washing machine and at the same time save detergent and water. Think of the environment dearie 😉
- I don’t eat egg yolks and tsiko fruit – because they’re “mabuhangin” – why? I don’t know. They just taste weird.
- I use vinegar to wash & condition my hair – again, think of the environment dearie 😉 just think of the chemicals seeping through your scalp, eeeeewwww! and it doesn’t smell bad, promise.
- Hotoil? use mayonnaise instead – it’s the best. Sad part though, you’ll end up smelling like caesar’s salad when it’s not rinsed well 😉
- I don’t use deodorants but is using baking soda on my pits instead hahahahahah 😉 believe me, it works really, really well!
- I like sunsets but I hate twilights. i feel sick whenever i see one.
- I only eat bangus (milkfish) when it’s grilled.
- I don’t eat potatoes if mixed in any viand but I adore freshfries and mashed potatoes.
- I don’t eat tilapya because maitim siya hahahaha
- marami pa!!!
I really wanted to finish my college education though it’s not one of my priorities right now. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with what and where I am now, being a SAHM and having a husband and child who supports me in whatever I want to do but still, there’s this piece lacking that needs to be fulfilled in order for me to be complete. I tried online homestudy inquiries in the University of the Philippines but it took me time to settle all the requirements and pre-requisites and before I knew it, enrollment for this school year was already closed. Upset.
So I am back to internet surfing when I stumble upon a site offering Christian counseling degree online. A great site offering Christian counselling courses that if taken will enable you to help others through most common concerns like marriage counselling, coping with loss or death, Pastoral counselling for those who’s with tainted spiritual beliefs that needs guidance, and family therapy. I am a psychology student and was on my third year when I stopped because my former company gave me a promotion that I could not forego so I had to set my studies aside. Topics like these matter a lot to me so I checked their site on how to become a Christian counselor. I also noticed that there are many Christian counselling schools offering the same course but the big bonus here is that they offer this online and I can enroll wherever I am.