“Paarawan mo si baby para tumigas ang buto.”
If done properly, this is somehow true.
Vitamin D is more popularly known as the sunshine vitamin. It can be produced within the body with mild sun exposure or through food or supplements.
Enough intake of Vitamin D is essential in the regulation of phosphorus and calcium absorption, to maintain healthy bones and teeth, and to protect against multiple diseases and conditions like type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and cancer.
This goes without saying that deficiency from Vitamin D is linked to chronic diseases like heart failure, diabetes, and cancer among others. Studies show that 36 of our organs and tissues are regulated by Vitamin D, including our heart, lungs, brain, and bones.
I am personally guilty of this. Being a work from home mom, I seldom go outside, enough reason for me to infer that I have insufficient supply of Vitamin D.
Signs That You May Have Vitamin D Deficiency
Some signs of Vitamin D deficiency:
- are tiredness/fatigue
- muscle and joint weakness or pain
- rickets in children from poor bone mineralization
- osteomalacia in adults, along with increased risk of osteoporosis
We all need sufficient supply of Vitamin D!
Pero these days, nakakatakot ng lumabas para magpa-araw leaving 7 out of 10 Filipinos are Vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D deficiency happens because:
- It’s hard to get enough Vitamin D from the sun (indoor lifestyle, clothing, skin color, aging, and use of umbrellas or sunscreen limit Vitamin D absorption)
- It’s difficult to obtain from food (RDA of Vitamin D is equivalent to 40 eggs / 8 glasses of milk / 800g of salmon / 2 cans of tuna flakes every day)
“Seryosong Proteksyon, Simulan Ngayon!”
I am happy that Unilab came up with Forti-D, Vitamin D Supplement.
Forti-D gives protective effects against serious diseases by keeping VITAL ORGANS functioning healthily (including the heart, bones, muscles and brain).
Additional information on Forti-D Vitamin D Supplement:
- 1 capsule a day gives you your daily requirement of Vitamin D (800 IU) safe for daily intake
- Comes in an easy-to-swallow small gel capsule format
- Only Php6.50 per capsule